I will be a Father to you, and you will be sons and daughters to Me, says the Lord Almighty.
- 2 Corinthians 6:18

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What I Learned in April

 I'm a few days late on this... But I'm linking up today with Emily over at Chatting at the Sky for her monthly 'What We Learned' post; and as I didn't really take the time to write down what I learned throughout April, we'll see how this goes!

 one. Reading Emily's list, I realized the acronym for my blog is SAD. Literally. Which is pretty much the opposite emotion that comes to mind when I think about this blog. Why didn't I call it "Great Lessons Abigail (is) Doing" or something?

 two. Okay I am apparently just terrible at coming up with acronyms. And um. Yeah.
 
 three. I love being able to encourage people. I like helping people. Specifically teenage girls. But I guess I had this mindset that I wouldn't be able to do that until I wasn't a teenager. Ya know? I was even talking about it with a friend one day. I said something along the lines of, "Maybe one day I'll write a book or something geared towards teenage girls. Because I'd love to make a difference and an impact in their lives." Gosh, look at how many "I"s are in those few sentences. Which leads me to...

 four. God has a funny way of turning my mindset and outlook on things completely around. The same exact day I was talking to one friend about being able to encourage teenage girls later, another friend texted me. This sweet friend of mine has been under attack recently and texted me, looking for someone to help, to care. It was almost as if God was telling me, "Abigail, look. Look around you. There are girls in your life right now to whom you can reach out and be a friend and encourager. You don't have to wait. In My timing, you are ready now, to do what you love and desire to do." So I'm trying to live in the now, using the passions and and gifts God given me. It's all for Him.

 five. When you have a pen that you use all the time and you accidentally leave it somewhere, you vow to never, ever again take another favorite pen anywhere. And then you do it again and lose it again. Sigh.

 six. It is virtually impossible for me to pick one all-time favorite Bible verse. I tried making a list of my favorites a couple weeks ago and it just kept going and going and going. Isaiah 6:8. 1 Peter 2:9. Philippians 1:20. Acts 1:8. Isaiah 26:3,4. Ephesians 6:10. 1 Peter 5:7. 2 Corinthians 6:18. Proverbs 3:5,6. Just to name a few...

 seven. MyCompassionSunday. Coolest thing ever.  It's a way to host your own Compassion Sunday, in a sense. Check out my page and be the hope in a child's life today.

 eight. Easter. Easter. Easter. I love Easter weekend. Something about it is just different. I feel like there is just a peace surrounding everything, like the events of the cross and the resurrection give a tangible, touchable hope waiting to be grasped. Even in the craziness leading up to Easter that comes with being the daughter of a pastor, my soul just seems to exhale in the sweet nearness of Him. I want to live each day holding on to the power and hope brought by His death and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment