I will be a Father to you, and you will be sons and daughters to Me, says the Lord Almighty.
- 2 Corinthians 6:18

Friday, December 13, 2013

 Hi all! Abigail here. I'm new to the blogging world, so bear with me as I figure this thing out. Fair warning, the look of my blog may change several times over the next few weeks. Haha :) I live in the southeastern United States where we have hot summers and 60 degrees is considered cold. I have an amazing family, amazing church, and serve an amazing God.
 I would tell you the purpose of this blog, but the truth is, I'm not exactly sure myself. I've had a small desire to start a blog for a little while now, but never took the initiative to actually do it. But recently, the greater desire to do something for children in poverty won out, and "Sons and Daughters" was formed. There! That's it. That's the underlying purpose for this blog. To be a voice for the voiceless.
 This blog is honestly more for me than anything. Writing, whether I'm good at it or not, is my therapy. I will most likely pour out my heart as I'm typing on these keys. So about what is my heart?
 Good question. The holder of my heart is Jesus Christ. My heart is also in the hands of about a million children around the world. God has placed a very clear, direct calling on my heart for Compassion International and the children whose lives they are changing. So I'll probably be talking quite a bit about them, too. I want to raise awareness for the children across the world who are made in the image of God- who need someone to show them that. And maybe, hopefully, help place a love for those children in the heart of someone reading this blog.
 My prayer for anyone reading this is that you are somehow touched by something I say, drawn closer to God by reading about my heart, and moved to do something for children in poverty- even the ones right outside your own door.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Abigail!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Can I just say I think we're the same person? ;) Ha. I love your heart, sister! Can't wait to follow along and journey with you through this crazy blog world that I'm so thankful for. :)

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was thinking the same thing. ;) Thank you! This has been a crazy blessed journey so far. Can't wait to see where it continues to go!

      Delete