I will be a Father to you, and you will be sons and daughters to Me, says the Lord Almighty.
- 2 Corinthians 6:18

Friday, February 7, 2014

Looking Forward to Summer 2014


   Okay, we've got some pretty important news around here, y'all. You know, super-big-crazy-exciting-important news. The kind of news that has me looking forward to June 19th-29th until those ten days actually come. News that has me giddy with excitement and also kinda nervous. News about which, for those of you who know me well, I've already talked your head off..

 You remember when I told you God placed a passion in my heart for Compassion International and a love for the children whose lives they are changing? Well, this summer I have an incredible opportunity to live out that passion across the globe. In Hawassa, Ethiopia, to be exact. My sister, our parents, and myself will be traveling with Compassion International and a team from our church to serve alongside our partner church in Ethiopia to provide a VBS-style event for the kids in the program. We will also visit the homes of some of the children, and worship with them on Sunday. We have the opportunity to hang out with our family's sponsor child, Yikram, as well.

 It's hard to put into words what this trip means to me. Oh my. I'm nervous but so very excited. My heart is so full. My days don't go by without thinking of those precious Ethiopian children. The journey God has placed me on is one that I never imagined, but I wouldn't trade it for any other. I have this wildly passionate love that can only be explained by stepping back and pointing to Him. My life is not mine; it's His. He has called me to go, to serve, to love- to the ends of the earth. Sometimes though, I doubt. I think, "Is this really what I want to do...?"  But then I think of the children, and everything- every prayer, all my brokenness, the time and effort, all of it is so worth it.
This video from the trip last year is so powerful, and it's my prayer that God will use us this year in mighty ways.
(Video not showing up? Click the link here to watch it.)

 And here's where we need your help!
 First, I want to ask you to please, please, please pray for us. Where God is moving, there is always conflict. Pray that we will be strengthened by the Lord alone. Pray that His name would be magnified throughout this whole journey. Pray for the safety and health of our team. 

Also, for all of my family to go, we will need to raise $12000. It's a very large commitment, but God has called us to this and He will see us all the way through it. One way He might do that is through you! One of my favorite mission quotes is this: 
 Some of us are senders and some are goers.  Neither is more important than the other.  Neither is possible without the other. - David Sills
 God has called my family and I to be the goers, and maybe He is calling you to be our sender. You can send us through prayer, but you can also help send us by partnering with us financially! If you feel led to give financially, any amount will be so very appreciated. We have set up a Paypal account for those you who want to partner with us in this way. Check it out here. You can also send a check made payable to Rock Bridge Community Church at 100 Peters St, Suite 80, Calhoun, Ga 30701. Write "Missions" in the memo line for checks to be tax deductible and include a note explaining it's to go to the Converse family Ethiopia trip. 

 If you are partnering with us in any way, feel free to leave a comment and let me know so I can give you a huge, heartfelt "thank you"! This trip means the world to me, and I'll be posting updates throughout this journey so y'all can follow along too! I can't wait to see what God will do in me, in our team, and in the lives of those we will be serving. This is a crazy blessed journey and I'm so excited to be able to share it with you! 

 In Christ!
        Abigail



No comments:

Post a Comment